Phoenix Gamers 40k
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fluff 'n' Stuff

+3
Dr Crotch
Zac Nelsen
Lil Red
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fluff 'n' Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Fluff 'n' Stuff

Post  Lil Red Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Dude that is some good fluff! I like it!

So I'm working on the rest of my fluff for my army, I'm posting that so that I don't take forever and have some accountability if I don't get it done soon...
Lil Red
Lil Red

Back to top Go down

Fluff 'n' Stuff - Page 2 Empty again with the hastur stuffs

Post  Zac Nelsen Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Most of you know the psychic power "Gift of Chaos" which if the caster roles above or = to you toughness they are spawned into a spawn. Well i think i could make my team's power of that a little more fun. Idk what ill call the power something along the lines of "The Curse of Remorse" or something like that what happens is if the target isnt able to stop it from happening (if i roll lower than their toughness) they are ripped into the warp in a special place called "The Crusible" where the person is forced to deal with their own personal hell (like silent hill) dealing with their guilt, remorce and stuff like that for what haunts them most (say a sister veteran leads her squad into a slaughter and she survives) They must relive this moment until they are able fix what happend or something like that. If they are killed (or more likely go insane and possible turn chaos) they are destroyed and gone forever. IF they survive and complete their task they are ressurected, a new body formed from chaos. More powerful than before (and those with a mind for such things could gain psychic powers). Many completely forget this experience completely and are brought back to their army, family, or homeworld. Some remember this, weaker individuals are so dramatized they are driven insane (into suicide, or brought to chaos with hastur) however stronger people keep this memory. They may either accept it and move on becoming all the better by the experience, or be drivin by blind rage into seeking revenge for the rest of their lives. All I know is if i was part of the Imperium i would keep this information too the grave for fear of the inquisition declaring you a heritic and hunting you for the rest of your life.
Zac Nelsen
Zac Nelsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Crotch Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 am

you're cute zac Smile
Dr Crotch
Dr Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:20 am

dude you could make a sweet scenario out of that! or a whole campaign!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 am

Does their skin become grey and they go bald??

Back to top Go down

Post  alex clements Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:26 pm

ok because im a idoit im wondering do you make up the fluff for your army like make a background story of your army like they do in the codexs?
alex clements
alex clements

Back to top Go down

Fluff 'n' Stuff - Page 2 Empty The Clans of Auster

Post  Chiefman269 Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:14 am

The Auster subsector of the Draconis sector consisted of five planets locked in an unusual orbit around three large suns. Auster 1, 2, and 4 were nothing more than ash and magma; they were completely uninhabitable. Auster 3 and 5 however were lush jungle covered worlds, The three suns blanketed nearly every part of the planets with their light. In M.25771 the Auster subsector was discovered by humans, In M.25779 the subsector was colonized by pilgrims in search of political freedom. With their colonization a secret no aid came when a massive Orc Waaaaaagh entered the Auster Subsector in M.26002. It was unknown to humanity that its brothers had reached this sector until the Great Crusade; when a scout ship reached the sector to map Orc activity in the area they discovered humans being used by the Orcs as slaves, less than gretchin. The Warfleet of the World Eaters chapter was dispatched immediatly. Upon breaking out of warp space the chapter began its preparations for the comming conflict. Preliminary scans of the two planets left the War Masters of the World Eaters in disbelief. Though Auster 3 still had an overwhelming hord of Orcs upon it; Auster 5 shown not one single Orc on its scans, Further more the planets vast spans of jungle had been burned and leveled. A scan for human life on the planet reveled a massive grid of humans covering the planet. The War Masters Immediatly made planet fall on Auster 5, Landing in the area with the largest concentration of human life. Yet another surprise came to the War Masters when exited their ship, the humans were not hostel, in a strange but understandable dialect the Warmasters were told their arrival was expected; they were then led to a temple to speak with Dran'co Pyre. The Prophet greated the War Masters as keepers of the sky, and the ones prophesied to take them to free their brothers on the other world Auster 3. In disbelief the War Masters question the prophet as to how these slaves had defeated their Orc captors. The Prophet answered, "With God Fire." Upon which the Prophet removed a vial from his cloak containing a liquid that looked like wine. From the Vial he poured two drops of the liquid on the temple floor, then removed a tourch from the temple wall and touched it to the liquid. It ignited with such force it sucked the air from the War Masters lungs and buned a with a flame so white the Warmasters were blinded for several minutes after. A vial of the liquid was given to the scientist of the imperium to be studied, they quickly learned the liquid was a stable chemical composition of water, magnesium, and uranium held together by a glucose chain. When the glucose chain was presents it held the uranium in stable form, but when touched by flame the magnesuim would burn out the sugar bond. The energy released from the burning sugars and magnesium would break the ionic bond of the water then hydrogen and oxygen would pull electrons from the uranium making it unstable, this forced a sudden radioactive decay to take place releasing enough protons to generate energy equivilant to .02% that of a nuclear explosion. Then the people of Auster 5 were asked the liquids origins they lead the Warmasters to a cave at the back of the temple, after disending the near vertical walls of the cave for two hours the tourches were put out, the Warmasters put on their helmets to see into the darkness, what they saw was a giant lake, atleasted 68 km across, with no visible depth. the prophet spoke out in the darkness, The three Gods in the sky told the plants to turn the water into god fire like their own. Then the gods shown me the way here, and told me let their power cover the lands to free us, then they say you will come to take us to the place to free our brothers, all this god fire is yours now. Unfortunatley the plant life of Auster 3 did not produce the same flamable substance as the plant life on Auster 5, and all plant life on Auster 5 had been destroyed

When a sample of the liquid was sent back to Holy Terra the chemical concept was refiened to make the first plasma weapons, by then Auster 3 was liberated and the people of the two planets were made members of the World Eaters Chapter; Auster 3 and 5 became recruiting planets to the chapter. Its fated doom was now sealed

When the Horus Heresy brought war to the Impirium the World Eaters of Auster subsector were unaware their Chapter Master and Brother Space Marines from their own planets fought for Horus even up to the gates of the Emperors Palace on Holy Terra. They were Unaware when the Fleets of the Salamanders Chapter and Inquisition entered their Subsector what horrors it would bring, Auster 3 was purged of heresy by the salamanders in less than 3 days. When the Assault on Auster 5 commenced only seven hours after Auster 3 ended the prophet was at the bottom of the cave, next to the lake of fire shown him all those years ago by the gods, for the first time since the day they lead him here the gods were speaking to him again. In his hands he held a tourch, In his ears he heard blood, blood, blood, for the Blood God He waited threw the chanting till the forces of the Salamanders had completed their desent on to Auster 5, then the voices roared in his ears NOW KILL THEM NOW! The prophet dropped his tourch into the lake. At that instant Inquisitor Raymes Aquinas watched in horror from the command deck of his ship as Auster 5 was born into a star, It was the last thing he'd see with his eyes. the heat of Auster 5 ingulfed the other planets kindeling them with its fire the long lifeless planets of ash began to burn, Auster 3 was the last to light. With the subsector of Auster now burning bright with 8 stars. The stars began to orbit in their strange pattern faster and faster. As their speed of orbit increased the fleeing ships of the Salamanders realized a long hidden horror; The obscure orbits of the Planets and the Suns in the subsector of Auster followed that of an anchient daemonic symbol now know to be associated with the Blood God, Khorne. Once the stars were no longer distigushable from one another and the symbol all that could be seen the subsector of Auster vanished taking with it Inquisitor Raymes and his ship into a hell he would never see.

The World Eaters from the Auster subsector who fought along the other traitor legions in the Horus Herisy have no idea what truly happened to their sector and their homeworlds, they only assume assume exterminatus, and for it they hate the False Emperor even more. For their rage, strenght and blood lust the Clans of Auster are sought by Chaos warlords all over know space, its even rumored the son of Dran'co Pyre, the Prophet of Auster 5 and keeper of the god fire fights among the Clans of Auster. Though no one knows for sure if this is true; However, those who know him do not know him by his name McFalon Pyre, they know him as Beefy McFist!

Chiefman269

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:23 am

alex clements wrote:ok because im a idoit im wondering do you make up the fluff for your army like make a background story of your army like they do in the codexs?

basically take whatever from history of your own battles and twist it to your liking. thats what GW does.

also i like kennan's stuff! deoxedation hehe

Last edited by Lil Finnigan on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  alex clements Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:46 pm

i can do that ( even though i have only played 1 1/2 games.
alex clements
alex clements

Back to top Go down

Post  Lil Red Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 am

well I finally finished "the first battle" for my guard, and I changed up some of the background so I could work with it better. A lot is the same so you don't have to read it all but here we go.

Fleet No. 328448
Commander: Basil (last name unknown)
General: Ambrose the brother of Basil, Directs the front lines.

Gryphone III is an astroid in orbit just outside Ambrose and Basil’s home world Gryphone IV. Gryphone III’s Volcanic activity has made nye uninhabitable, but rich in harvestable resources. The Imperium has harvested many resources from Gryphone III since they were discovered however Gryphone III’s worth comes from the fact that the Tyranids must first pass by Gryphone III before they can attack any other Imperial planet in this region. There are only two weeks in the year that because of its orbit Gryphone III is not the first Imperial base in harms way. Because of this Gryphone III has become the Emperors first defense.
Far from any reinforcements the emperor has allowed for the Imperial Navy to overlap with the ground troops in the region. Because of this alliance Commander Basil and his predecessors have been able to hold off the Tyranids for more than 100 years.
Commander Basil and his brother Ambrose we both born on Gryphone IV. From a young age they both showed great abilities in the art of war. Their father was one of the Cadian shock troops assigned to Gryphone III and spent most of his life leading the battalion in his region. It was because of his valor that Commander Breech looked into his children. Basil was the older of the two boys but far the smaller. What he lacked in size he more than made up in wit. He on more than one occasion was thought to be the master mind behind many of the school pranks, although no one was ever able to prove it.
What basil was mentally, his younger brother Ambrose was physically. He quickly gained a reputation of being a dirty and hardened fighter. People may have spoke ill of him behind his back, but few dared say anything to him personally. The brothers at the age of 13 and 12 respectively enlisted into the military. By the age of 14 both we in command of the regiments and by the age of 16 both were stationed along side their father on Gryphone III.
Four years into their stay on Gryphone III was when things changed. Never before had the Tyranids swarmed down on their defenses as they did that night. It took the Imperium more than 18 months to fend off this attack and purge them from the astroid. When the dust settled Commander Breech had fallen to a bonesword of the fleet’s Hive Tyrant. Along side Breech’s remains was Basil and Ambrose’s father. More Unexpected however was that Ambrose, being Basils spear, had slain the the Hive Tyrant and the brothers with their regiments had pushed back the tyrannic invasion.
Basil was made Commander over the Gryphone III and the two brothers have spent the last 3 years defending it and the rest of the empire from the Tyranid invasion. They have designed a synchronized attack of Troops in Chimeras to head an attack, backed by long ranged Leman Russ Battle tanks and Air Support from the trusted Vendetta squadron entrusted to Basil’s care.

Ambrose: Although many wonder why Ambrose is willing to be lead by his brother into some of the most dangerous situations, few discredit his valor and work ethic. Rarely will an attack be made without Ambrose and his command squad at the head of it.
Ambrose prefers the use of his pistol over the heavier and clumsier weapons offered by the imperium. Because of this he prefers to run with veterans trained in the use of melta guns. They offer similar range as his plasma pistol as well as stopping power. He only brings four men with him usually, this allows for everyone he is with to make use of the chimeras firing points.

Basil: Little is known about Basil. When he because a general he had his records destroyed because he wanted to start “a new life.” Those who knew his father say they looked almost identical.
Basil has studied the art of war since he was a child. He rarely will be seen executing his plans, his brother ambrose was alway better at that; but if Ambrose ever did something good chances were Basil planned it.
When basil does go to battle himself he prefers to go with a swarm of men around him. He figures if they can see him and he can see them they will execute all of the orders as he issues them.

The First Attack: 700201000
Even though Basil and Ambrose had proven themselves against the tyranids, it wasn’t long into their reign of Gryphone III that they faced a new challenge. Orks were invading Gryphone III from the north and Chaos were Invading from the south west. Ambrose and Basil had to split their forces to counter both attacks. Ambrose took the armored company to counter the orks because he had to travel almost twice as far as Basil. Basil led the countless guard on a three day march to hold off the armies of Chaos.

Ambrose and his company quickly encountered their enemy. The Leman Russ tanks made quick work of the foot slogging orks as they had nowhere to hide. They heavier vehicles were quickly swept away by the outflanking Vendetta gun ships and it seemed like their first battle would soon be won.
Then came the WAGGG!!! Ambrose had never seen such rage and power overcome an enemy. Before he knew it both vendettas were brought down as well as 2 Battle tanks. The veterans in Chimeras were fighting hand to hand with orks two or three times their size. Ambrose quickly came in from the flank as well as his plasma platoon from the left. They unloaded on the Orks war-boss who could do nothing but melt away from the overload of shots.
With out their war-boss the remaining orks looked confused. Ambrose quickly rallied his men and they charged head strong into the orks. Few escaped.

Ambrose quickly found his reinforcements and they moved on to another ork infested city. This one had a lot more boyz and they also had Kanz. These orks were no match for the long range fire power of the vendettas and LR battle tanks. By the time they reached the line of veterans in chimeras they were quickly swept aside.

Then Ambrose was attacked by a force of rouge Chaos marines. They had broke Basil’s defenses only to run spearheaded into Ambrose. Ambrose and his men were tired, but they knew they had to not only get through this Chaos threat but destroy it. They pushed headstrong into the the right flank of marines, separating them from their reinforcements. By the time the other half arrived it was to late. now the marines were well out powered and went down without much more of a fight.
Ambrose continued into town where nurgle marines had invested the town center. Ambrose new about the attack and the nurgle marines learned first hand what he and his command squad’s firepower was capable of. Ambrose himself drove into the heart of the city as his men covered him from all sides and they wiped the Chaos Threat from the city.
Ambrose, exhausted, reaches the main ork threat. Before Ambrose could spread out his men and develop a plan of attack the Orks were in his base. He knew that he had to stop them from braking the lines, there were no reinforcements and Basil could not defend Gryphone III alone. Ambrose gave the orders to take out their truckz. With Efficiency he had never seen before they started to drop like flies. The orks bailed out and quickly overran the chimera transports, but the men did not falter and while disembarking unloaded everything that they had into the orks. The orks had used their wag to take out the transports and had nothing left to take out the veterans. Ambrose rushed in to take out their war-boss, but he was out maneuvered and nocked unconscious. His men new that if they let the war-boss get to ambrose they would loose their beloved general. The Vendetta gunships finally arrived, dropping off their payload to take the rear flank and rushing in to wipe out the war-boss and his nobz.
The battle was won. The orks had been wiped from Gryphone III. Basil and his men soon found the survivors of that bloody battle. Among them they found ambrose, badly wounded but alive.

From here I can explain why ambrose's model becomes straken. I wasn't going to do that but kyle worked me the last match and it seemed only fitting. All of those battles took place in the last tourny.

Lil Red
Lil Red

Back to top Go down

Fluff 'n' Stuff - Page 2 Empty a cooler abaddon

Post  Zac Nelsen Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:35 am

By the way chris you make me curious to actually try making God Fire...if only I took chemistry. Well you all know how I like to make up new stories for hq's and make them my own. (Cept for huron...who doesn't love a half human, half robot magical space pirate?) Well here is abaddons deal.Hastur had just got with the summoning rituals of a great daemon, with a failed aspiring champion finally possesed and utterly destroyed it was time to join the battle, the great king took along with him a small squad of termis for melee support and teleported into battle. A disrupter beacon redirected them to a random place on the battlefield, right into a squad of grey knights Hastur quickly warped 3 knights, but they were quickly cut down as they are experienced in fighting these types of monsters. They were left with no choice but to charge. A hail of gunfire and psycannon blasts was unloaded upon the termis, many pettered off the thick armour or mysteriously warped around hastur, but not all were saved, melee was a flurry of steel and gunblasts but alas the termis has slain them all. As Hastur turned for a new target the terminator champion heard a bloodythirsty scream and turned just in time to see the grey knight veteran (idk what they called, just the squad leader) charging his King. He jumped in the way and blocked the attack, unfortunatley breaking his blade. Enraged with fury he clasped the small knight in his massive power fist, and crushed him between his fingers. After the battle Hastur thanked him personally and asked him how he could repay him. The warrior replyed that it was his duty and honor to protect and serve his King. Hastur then asked him of his greatest wish, the warrior thought for a moment and replyed. "I wish to be the greatest warrior on the battle field, second to none, and to serve you for all my days." Hasur grew a wicked smile, obviously pleased and seemed teeming with excitment. "You shall be an Emperor to legions, far more powerfull than the false emperor of mankind, too weak and cowardly to join his followers on the battlefield. But first you must gain the favor of the four, and resist becoming a pawn to any individual patron, before you go I leave you a gift. A name, and with it, a promise. You will not fall to any mortal weapons, you are an eternal warrior (hence the rule eternal warrior) and no blade nor gun can fell you. Now go with my blessing, (his name goes here I forgot what it was, ill post when I look it up again)" with that the king thrusted his arms towards him mumbing inaudible words. The room grew dark and becan to shake. Suddenly a tentacle ripped through the warriors shoulder, and a blade broke out of his chest, he becan to scream in terror and pain but did not hear himself, the kings laughter was loud and clear in his mind. He felt himself being torn apart from mutations, and suddenly was ripped into the warp...Now obviously there is more to come but I feel this is a long enough post already and I have to come up with something for each chaos god, I have an idea for most of them though. Ill post them as I think of them
Zac Nelsen
Zac Nelsen

Back to top Go down

Fluff 'n' Stuff - Page 2 Empty by the way

Post  Zac Nelsen Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:40 am

The name was Bakari, meaning promising in african
Zac Nelsen
Zac Nelsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:27 am

ooooo! hideous, he must die

Back to top Go down

Fluff 'n' Stuff - Page 2 Empty legend of the black emperor part 2.

Post  Zac Nelsen Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 am

A warp gate ripped open and Bakari fell out onto his knees. Panicked he frantically felt and looked at his body, although no hideous mutations were to be found. Strangely enough his body seemed to emulate a strange, translucent glow. Intangible and barely transparent. He looked at his surroundings, he was in a dead, foggy forest, the ground was blighted and the sky was a sickly yellow. He would need to stay on his toes, although he knew he was in the warp he had no idea where exactly. After collecting his thoughts for a moment he marched off, there was a faint, lightly glimmering cloud of green/yellow colouring, he decided this was his best bet. As he trudged on the area became extreemly swampy, and humid. He saw shadows and heard whisperings in the marsh and felt he was being watched, but strangely enough felt np threat or danger. Soon, soon as the water was getting in his way there was a rotting, twisting wooden path along the little cloud trail he had been following. He was getting close to whatever awaited him. Suddenly a vile little creature popped out from under the wooden trail, scurrying along the trail (which had since become very widee) as he looked up he noticed he was in a large clearing. A massive monstrous creature was before him. A mountain of filth festering with wounds and oozing with sickly fluids. He panicked, searching anywhere for some type of weapon. He heard a very deep, gravally voiced chuckle. "Ahh, there you are little one, He told me of your coming..." Bakari steeled himself, noticing a multitude of creatures around and on the monster he lunged at one, just as he started at it he felt a tug on his foot, roots had rapidly grown from the ground and now held him tight, wrapped about his waist. "There is no need for fear little one, if I had ment to kill you, my young would be feasting on your bones right now" Bakari relaxed just a bit and felt the roots loosen, but didn't let his guard down. "What are you? And why am I here?" The beast chuckled again "Ahh, of course He didn't tell you did He? I am greatfather Nurgle, and you are here because he wills you to be. I have been watching you for some time, the great unholy deeds you have commited have not gone unnoticed. No wonder you are called by the name Promising" Bakari was strangely relaxed by the thought of this actually being the great damon god nurgle, this must have been what the King was talking about. "Father Nurgle, I have been sent here for your blessing, I ask you, what do you require of me" Nurgle smiled once more, he seemed very friendly and welcoming. A strange mannerism for a daemon "I have been watching you for so long now, what a promising prospect, I've seen the unholy deeds you have commited for your master. You know the ones you slaughtered, the inquisition? You aren't so different from them, they simply put themselves on a pedestal, claiming to be "holy champions of justikce, and righteousness" eventually, all things will fall to chaos...through conversion or...death." Nurgle seemed to savor the word, hanging on to the one sylable, seemed to tangibly taste it in the air..."you have done much, but so much lies ahead of you, more than most any being will experience, iyou have done plenty enough for my blessing, I must prepare you for your dark journy ahead. We can't have you running around in the ethereal form now can we?" Before Bakari could answer Nurgle put a bloated fist up to his mouth and blew a strange dust about Bakari. He watched in fasination as flesh and bone seemed to knit about his body, slowely until he was in full physical form. "There..." nurgle said proudly, obviously pleased with his work. "Perfect...a new body, not so frail aS before, you will never succom to the burden of a mortal body, no hunger, no sickness, extreemly resistant to pain, and best of all, this will protect you from the other's "gifts"" Bakari knew exactly what he was talkng about, as he had seen some of those unholy spawns that Hastur had used as beasts of war. "You could live the rest of eternity as long as you aren't killed by violence with this new body, you are now what so many strive so hard to unlock the secret to. You are virtually immortal" Bakari felt a surge of power, feeling nigh unstoppable "I don't know what to say...thank you greatfather, I will forever hold high your banner, I will slaughter legions in your name!" Nurgle beamed, his disgusting, rotting teeth showing, and several tongues hanging out, dripping with slime. His entire form was unbearable to look at. "Don't become pridefull young one, you still have much more to do. Do not expect the other three to gift you so easily. You King personally asked that I prepare you for them." Bakari bowed down before Nurgle, still shivering with the sense of power. "Do not let your pride become your downfall little one..." Nurgle's voice seemed to echo, Bakari felt. A gaping void behind him wheere there was none before. With a crack of what sounded like lightning, he was ripped through another protal, with the sound of hysterical cackling in his mind....
Zac Nelsen
Zac Nelsen

Back to top Go down

Post  alex clements Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:46 pm

here i my very first battle versus tyler.

star date: 334.567.199

Ghazgull was testing his tellyportas for the fourth invasion upon armageddon as he was laying waste upon these scattered little citys of humans. When he took over this old village of archelsia he was greeting upon a little troop of death company he saw them and ran as fast as his mechanical body would let him screaming WAAAAAAAARGH at the top of his lungs. but luck would have it that the death company infantry saw and ran toward his boys with great vigor. as he was sidetracked with trying to get to aid his boys, the deffdread he had went to the deathcompany dreadnought and layed waste to this infernal machine. as the boys where wasting these death company here comes the fury drivin ghazgull to finish off the death company infantry. he had gone insane with trying to get there he killed all of his boys. the deffdread had a maulfunction and exploded. As ghazgull finished off the the remaining straggelers and went back to the mek boys with the tellyportas. to finish gathering for the fourth invasion.

so how do you guys think i know its kinda cheesy but if you have suggestions post them please. thank you
alex clements
alex clements

Back to top Go down

Post  tlc247 Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:42 pm

important corrections:

The Death Company Dreadnought tore the DeffDread to pieces before it had a chance to attack back.
The Death Company completely wiped out one of the two boyz squads before they even had a chance to swing back. The second group of boyz fared marginally better.
Ghaz only survived the attack of the Death Company Dreadnought because Alex repeatedly forgot to use his Waagh! ability. Had he used it earlier in the match as he had intended, Ghaz would have required 5+ instead of 2+ to survive the Dreadnought's attacks.
The only two models left at the end of the last turn was an undamaged Rhino and Ghaz with a single wound. While he could have shot at the Rhino w/ his Big Shoota, he would need a 5 to hit, and a 6 to pen. Due to Slow And Purposeful, he could NOT catch the Rhino, which could have continued to pump Storm Bolter shots into him until he died. While it's possible that Ghaz could have taken out the Rhino, I'd have been betting on the Rhino to win if the match had continued indefinitely.

Based entirely on points, the Orks won because a wounded Ghaz is still worth more points than an undamaged Rhino. But it was far from being a solid victory for either side.
tlc247
tlc247

Back to top Go down

Post  alex clements Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:47 pm

tlc247 wrote:important corrections:

The Death Company Dreadnought tore the DeffDread to pieces before it had a chance to attack back.
The Death Company completely wiped out one of the two boyz squads before they even had a chance to swing back. The second group of boyz fared marginally better.
Ghaz only survived the attack of the Death Company Dreadnought because Alex repeatedly forgot to use his Waagh! ability. Had he used it earlier in the match as he had intended, Ghaz would have required 5+ instead of 2+ to survive the Dreadnought's attacks.
The only two models left at the end of the last turn was an undamaged Rhino and Ghaz with a single wound. While he could have shot at the Rhino w/ his Big Shoota, he would need a 5 to hit, and a 6 to pen. Due to Slow And Purposeful, he could NOT catch the Rhino, which could have continued to pump Storm Bolter shots into him until he died. While it's possible that Ghaz could have taken out the Rhino, I'd have been betting on the Rhino to win if the match had continued indefinitely.

Based entirely on points, the Orks won because a wounded Ghaz is still worth more points than an undamaged Rhino. But it was far from being a solid victory for either side.

make my story seen bad why dont you
alex clements
alex clements

Back to top Go down

Post  tlc247 Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 pm

alex clements wrote:
make my story seen bad why dont you

Make me look like I just laid down and died as soon as I saw Ghaz was on the table, why don't you? Razz If you want to tell a story based on a match you played, there are a couple things you should try to do:

Rule #1: Be true to what actually happened. If your Deff Dread got a weapon destroyed result on another dreadnought and you want to claim that a snotling leaped off the shoulder of the Deff Dread onto your opponent's dreadnought and chewed through some exposed wiring, GREAT!!! Very Happy *Classic* Orky stuff!! If that dreadnought got an exploded result on you before you got to attack, and you want to claim that you killed the dreadnought, and then happened to malfunction and explode... not so great! Especially not when that dreadnought left the fight undamaged, and charged halfway across the table over several turns before reaching Ghaz and getting into a fight with him.

Rule #2: Be respectful to your opponent. If you spend too much time putting down all your opponents, you'll quickly find yourself struggling to get anyone to play a game with you. Or give you a ride to the store *hint, hint* Wink.

The best stories aren't always about how one side completely dominated the other side. The tough battles where one side barely scrapes together a victory are every bit as entertaining to read. Often more so.
tlc247
tlc247

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:11 pm

true enough- from what i heard, i was a good game. though no one thought anyone laid down and died, and i don't think many of us knew it was from an actual fight, let's no worries from anyone.

good fluff alex! dont worry about cheezy- we're already playing with toys and dolls after all. to make it really your own waaaaagh though, you gotta change the name of ghaz to something else at least! use his same stats, but you change his name (and mod the model if you want) and come up with a new story for him! that's where you start getting a feel for having a unique army! or play him as is, not a problem!
the good thing about coming up with your own army is your don't have to worry about ghaz's reputation etc- hes not ghaz, hes your warboss! he can do what he wants!
plus coming up with ridiculous ork names is fun!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:15 pm

to make him an emperor to legion's, have him lead your legion in hastur's name. you know, his military chief. have him conquer and subjugate whole worlds, enslaved under his rule. these world supply them with materials and stuff, but the people would know nothing of hastur just that their ruler (the dark emperor) is their king. hastur leads him form the shadow expect when stuff gets important.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:21 pm

The Harbingers believe despite leveled accusations of heresy and the constant suspicion of chaotic taint that there is more in the Immaterium. If comprised of the emotion and souls of mortals, than there is no doubt opposition even there. Indeed, the traditions of faith held by the chapter hold that the warp holds worlds of good, of order, ruled by the self-less will of good souls. They believe that the defiance of evil, the love of selfless deeds, and the pious sacrifice of noble warriors reflects in this realm. All these together have given form to a conscience opposing the chaos gods, and that many are touched with its power, including the Emperor himself. They hold this power to be the fuel of their abilities, and that only by distaining chaos and its influence can one actually hope to be worthy of its blessings.

Back to top Go down

Fluff 'n' Stuff - Page 2 Empty legend of the dark emperor part 3.

Post  Zac Nelsen Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:42 am

Like the idea for the dark emperor by the way. Hastur being an unknown sorce of power, commanding from behind the scenes and slowly gifting/driving the followers of Bakari insane. It really is a rare occurance to see his avatar on the battlefield despite how much I like to play him Razz but let it be known he has no fear of joining his followers in battle. (P.s. alex I bend the outcome of games in my fluff also. Although ali raza did wipe a squad of banshees alone I didn't do so hot that game. Although to my defence my opponent cheated we found out)

Once again Bakari was spat out of a warp rift onto the ground. He looked about his surroundings. It was extreemly foggy and very strange. He was in a forrest this time instead of a swamp, but something was very off about this new enviroment. He studied his surrounding, then incidentally looked behind him where the portal was. When he looked back, nothing was as it was before. Confused he looked about everywhere and sure enough everything seemed to morph and change as he wasn't looking at it. He looked around for somewhere to begin his venture through these dark woods. Suddenly he heard trickling of water nearby, about 15 feet away from him there was a stream of water where there was none before. The ground was completely level yet somehow it was streaming along fine, defying gravity, he began to follow it towards it's source, he stared at the water as he moved along, as it unnerved him to see his enviroment change everytime he looked aroud. As he watched the water he noticed strange shapes appearing and disappearing. After watching these he began to recognize some of these as faces. He began to question weather or not he was losing his sanity, but trudged on anyway. The stream slowly grew wider and deeper, until soon it was a decent sized river. Moving along slowly, with steam coming above the water, with strange visions dancing in their translucent form. Suddenly he noticed something in the water, long and wrapped in some cloth. He studied it for a moment and then reached in to grab it. The water was very strange, warm, but very thick and smooth substance, about the viscosity of cream. The moment bakari's hand clasped about the object he was blinded by a flash and a roar. He jumped back, object in hand as a robed figure emerged from the water changing form and matter before his eyes. The cloth fell off the object and bakari immediately regocnized it as a sword. Suddenly the figure becag shrieking and took a deep breath, fire shot from his lips, and narrowly missed him. Bakari swung the sword at hom but the moment the blade struck the creature its form turned to water where the blade contacted. The blow flew straight through. Fire errupted at the creatures hands and he began slinging it at bakari. Bakari was ready this time and ducked behind a tree for cover. Charging the creature his blade did the same twice more. Suddenly, the frustrated caster swirreled his fire into a massive flame in both hands and blasted it towards the warrior. Bakari lifted his blade in a futile attempt at blocking the blow. Suddenly the fire seemed magnetized to the sword, swirrling about the blade. Shocked bakari did the only thing he could think of. He swung the blade and the fire shot out in a cone at the robed creature. It let out a horrid screetch and was burned up into nothing. Bakari looked down at his newfound blade and saw a number of ghostly faces forming in and out of the daemonic metal. Taking his newfound treasure he continued on his way and soon came onto a waterfall. He stared a moment as the strange liquid seemed to fall in slow motion, dancing about in the air just before joining with the water below without so much as a sound or splash. He noticed a winding silver staircase and took it up the falls. At the top he saw a large cave, with strange, humming crystals jutting out and the sorce of the water iknside, a strange, warm, darkblue glow came from the inside. Aswalked inside he noticed that a light seemed to be following him, because in front of him it was the same strange dark glow, and the light dissapeared behind him. He looked around and soon realized that he was the sorce of the light. This place certainly was bewildering. He suddenly came to a large opening, and it became very bright.a silver floating throne was hovering on top of a small pool of the liquid that seemed to be the sorse. On the throne was a large, tall, dark blue robed figure with a twisted golden staff in one of his pale clutches. "Welcome bakari, I have been waiting for you" the figure spoke with what seemed hundreds of voices all at once, the robed figure barely moved, only looked up to watch the warrior's every move. Bakari knew instantly that this was the master of all sorcery, tzeentch. "Great schemer Tzeentch, I have been sent here by my master for your blessing...what do you require of me?" Bakari noticed the water seemed to ripple along with tzeentches speach. "Mortal, I know why you are here," he motioned to the sword "I see you have found The Blade of Tormented Legions, and by the sever burns about you, I would say you were hard pressed to obtain it. Pass my test and the sword is yours and I shall help prevent wounds such as these from happening again, it seems your Master's wards aren't enough to keep you from being gravely injured and rendering you useless in battle..." bakari hadn't even noticed the burns, his new body was prooving itself usefull already. Tzeentch spoke again "I know you are wondering about this fountain under me,but you have already experienced few of its horrors and some things are best left unknown by mortals." (By the way I wanted tzeentch to be very mysterious and also rhyme a lot with his speach but I'm no good at that) Bakari waited but tzeentch said nothing more. He took this oppertunity to ask a burning question. "How is it that this blade captured fire and was able to use it against my enemy?" Tzeentch had knowns this question was to be asked and answeered quickly. "You will find this blade exhibits many....powers, you were able to wield the fire simply because you willed it. If you had the mind for it you could be granted psychic powers from the thousands of souls within the sword but we both know that will not be, hold the rest of your questions for they will be answered in time...are you ready for your test?" Bakari took a moment to steel himself and silently nodded. At first nothing happened but then he heard a slight high pitched ringing...it slowly grew louder and he noticed that the liquid had rised a sma?? Portion of itslef and was twising around bakari. It emulated a faint glow, the ringing grew louder. Bakari reached out and the moment his fingers touched the liquid the rinign errupted into a full on blast. A squeel that made his ears bleed and made him fall to the ground writhing in agony. He sensed it as a living presense and it made its way into his mind. He tried to block it out but it was to no avail. It began sorting through his memories tearing asunder everything it came across, bakari redoubled his efforts but it only slowed the creature from its work. He watched as it went through his life as a space marine, earning his terminator honours, the horus herecy. Everything being lost forever to whatever this daemonic essence was. As it reached the point in his life he first heard the whisperings of chaos Bakari became angry. He would not sit by and watch helplessly as this thing ripped his entire conciousness apart. Bakari concentrated, concentrated on one thing. Destroying this daemon. He lunged a mental lance at the creature and stunned it. It began shreiking once more in his mind, each scream a spike of agony in his mind, bakari had pushed it out of his mind momentarily.he quickly put up a mental block and braced himself for another attack. The creature lunged itself at his mind, but was shot back, while it was stunned again Bakari attacked it, striking again and again. Bakari would not lay down and die to this thing. Suddenly bakari awoke. He was sprawled on the floor in from of the fountain. "Your resolve is very strong mortal, let it serve you well" gasping for breath Bakari picked himself off the floor, tzeentch spoke again "You almost faultered but your mental will is incredible. Most daemons quell to the will of the Mind Flayer but you...you are special. You will be scarred from this experience mentally, but you have gained my blessing. I have used your resolve and sown protective wards about you. You are nigh untouchable now." Bakari, still recovering from his experience, simply bowed to tzeentch. "Thank you fateweaver" tzeentch then waved his staff in the air and the room grew dark. Bakari knew what was coming this time. He took his new sword and stepped through the portal, ready for his next test.
Zac Nelsen
Zac Nelsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:17 am

Back to top Go down

Post  alex clements Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:16 am

Lil Finnigan wrote:true enough- from what i heard, i was a good game. though no one thought anyone laid down and died, and i don't think many of us knew it was from an actual fight, let's no worries from anyone.

good fluff alex! dont worry about cheezy- we're already playing with toys and dolls after all. to make it really your own waaaaagh though, you gotta change the name of ghaz to something else at least! use his same stats, but you change his name (and mod the model if you want) and come up with a new story for him! that's where you start getting a feel for having a unique army! or play him as is, not a problem!
the good thing about coming up with your own army is your don't have to worry about ghaz's reputation etc- hes not ghaz, hes your warboss! he can do what he wants!
plus coming up with ridiculous ork names is fun!

you do have a point with the toys and dolls. and i was thinking about changing ghaz to this older warboss from bad moonz so i guess ill do that.

and tyler ill change my stories to somthing like that. just thinking about it when you make a story where they scrape by it is more interesting.
alex clements
alex clements

Back to top Go down

Post  tlc247 Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:01 am

My main point is that if you're going to base your story off an actual match, try to be true to what happened in the match. If you're going to make up a story off the top of your head, then go for it. Basing a story off a match, and then re-writing what happened in the match (which squad killed what, or who died when and how) can be offensive to the other player. For example:

Chaplain Falkener leaped out of the Rhino, at the head of his Death Company, and triggered the canister on his Combi-flamer. The ensuing flames left nothing but charred remains of the entire mob, and the Company turned their charge towards the slightly larger mob cowering behind the first. With the destructive power of the Death Star, they slammed into the Ork boyz, and in a matter of three seconds, the eight men of the Death Company had killed over a thousand Orks. Falkener's sensors registered another presence approaching from the west. Falkener turned his head to see Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka attempting to sneak around behind him. Having been caught in his subterfuge, Ghazghkull immediately began to babble sheepishly, backing up as he tried to discreetly poke at various buttons on his armor.

"Duh... sorree 'bout dem! Deyz been givin' meh prob-umz and miss beh-havinz for a whyl now. Ah shur am glad yoo tawt demz a lessun. Ay'll jus' be... um..."

Falkener walked calmly and coldly towards him, obviously paying no attention to the babbling, approaching in a way that made him seem as inevitable as death itself. Ghaz finally gave up the discretion and slammed his adamantium forehead into the forearm of his power klaw several times, screaming as he did so. Ghaz's forearm sparked a few times, and then a light flashed on and Ghaz's personal tellyporta fired up, taking him back to the safety of being surrounded by hundreds of other Orks.

Is that a fair "fluff story" to describe our match? Obviously not. Even if I remove the parts that are directly insulting to the orks (stuff like how the second mob was *cowering* behind the first), I feel safe in saying that Alex would be offended by the description of the fight, and rightly so. It gives no credit where credit is due. There are parts of my story that sound insulting, but are actually accurate. Ghaz *was* trying to sneak up behind me, for example.
tlc247
tlc247

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next