Phoenix Gamers 40k
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall League

+2
tlc247
Lil Red
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fall League - Page 2 Empty Re: Fall League

Post  tlc247 Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Fluff for teaming any army with any other army is possible in the 40k universe, and is really just a test of imagination. The better your imagination, the better your fluff would be. It doesn't change my opinion on which armies should be on which side (by default).

The only thing that keeps the Orks from completely enveloping the entire galaxy in a green tide is their own infighting. Keep in mind that when we say that Orks love to fight, what we are really saying is that Orks love to kill. If they came across a settlement of pacifists, I have a hard time picturing the Orks just letting them be. I could go for the "true neutral" idea, but then I'd have to extend the same courtesy to Tyranids, Necrons, and pretty much everyone on the Dark list. A "true neutral" list would do more to confuse the league than to help it move along, so I stand by the idea of putting them on the "Dark" list, at least as a default. If we need to move things around to keep things even, we can. If we have an odd man out, and an Ork player wants to be "true neutral" and fight against everyone, something could probably be arranged. But that is also true of Necrons, Chaos, Dark Eldar, and Tyranids, so I don't feel like there is any reason to give them special treatment.
tlc247
tlc247

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 am

I wasn't saying that the league should have a truly neutral list. I was just saying what I thought about Orks alignment in the 40k universe.

Killing those pacifists I don't see as an evil act they could have fought back Smile

I don't think that Necrons are really neutral because they are being controlled by their gods which lets face it are pretty much evil. Chaos is definitely evil I don't think that there is much argument to say they aren't. Tyranids are evil because they are like bugs and lets face it bugs are out to kill us all. Why else would spiders walk around with enough venom to easily kill a man? Because they are evil dicks who wish to see every human on their knees in pain that's why.

As for Eldar they are evil because I'm the Inquision.
Tau are evil because they believe in the Greater Good and not The God-Emperor.
And even some of the Imperial armies are evil because they don't follow the very loose guide lines set out for by the Imperial Cult. Come on guys get it together! Worship the Emperor and don't do anything that could be thought of as suspicious how hard is that? /end sarcasm

These are just all in my opinon. As for the list that was stated earlier for a league I completely agree with those guidelines. But really 40k is a place where nothing is black and white. It's all black.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Crotch Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:25 pm

orkz aint evil, orkz is green!
Dr Crotch
Dr Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post  alex clements Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:05 pm

and sometimes red but preferabley orange
alex clements
alex clements

Back to top Go down

Post  tlc247 Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Orkz is pink, they just haven't bathed. Ever. That's why they is green.
tlc247
tlc247

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:15 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote: really 40k is a place where nothing is black and white. It's all black.

harlem 40k-

"Nuthin but a war-thang, nefew!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum