Phoenix Gamers 40k
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doomsday Device

4 posters

Go down

Doomsday Device Empty Doomsday Device

Post  Smurfs Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 pm

I really want to make a Doomsday device for my Chaos so i can have a superheavy when I play. I found one that someone scratch built that included instructions, but I might need some help because Ive never worked with foamboard and plasticard before. This is what it looks like this.
Smurfs
Smurfs

Back to top Go down

Doomsday Device Empty Re: Doomsday Device

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:48 pm

dude it looks sick!!!!!

you get foam core from hobby lobby for cheap. cut it to size, then laye it to build up the walls around the dome. ever built a drop pod? like that, only bigger. same kind of design really.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zac Nelsen Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:49 pm

I don't know if you have seen mine or not but I personally think its really cool. I just took an appropriately sized box. I took apart an old cell phone to make it technological looking, put the motherboard on, screen and buttons painted over (with classic and pretty much REQUIRED big red button) and extra bits of hardware about it such as an antenna with coils around it. I used spikey/trophy bits from rhino boxes and decorated it. I also put a large golfball (I liked the way the texture made it look) as an orb on top, colored blue with lightning arcing across. To finish it off I sprayed it back, painted details, and COVERED it in ancient writing, runes, and heritic teaching of the prophets of hastur (fabio and rhasputin) and as the cherry on top I painted a giant yellow sign (the sign of hastur and insanity) to make it characterfull of my legion. Hope this gave you some ideas, and if you want to see it ill bring it in sometime.
Zac Nelsen
Zac Nelsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfs Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 am

And if I dont think I can make it work, i might have to just settle for this, the Doom Cannon.
Smurfs
Smurfs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 am

ha that'd be sweet too. next time i'm in the shop ill show you what i mean. i think you'd find it pretty easy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:18 am

haha i like how you said "settle" hahaha that is bomb looking!

Back to top Go down

Post  alex clements Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:45 pm

alex clements
alex clements

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:27 pm

HOLY SHIZ! though, to be honest, it'd be more impressive if it were painted. it's not hard to cut and glue, fun as it is. the real investment comes with painting it up.

though with this, he wouldn't have time for anything else. (though i get a feeling he doesn't have anything on the agenda anyways)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zac Nelsen Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:01 pm

That's the kinda nids army I wanna run. Anyway are you still planning on making a doomsday device or just gonna get that gun?
Zac Nelsen
Zac Nelsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Lil Red Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:17 am

Would you like me to transfer anything from this thread to the new site? We make the transfer tomorrow and it's one of the few remaining active threads Smile just let me know! Thanks Smile
Lil Red
Lil Red

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum